Photos of Former Lincoln High School & East Junior High Building
Compiled by Kathy Engel, SWCHC Librarian
The Wisconsin Rapids Public School District will discontinue the use of the East Junior High School building. Here are pictures from the past 115 years.
The original Lincoln High School was built in 1903, on the current site of East Junior High School.
1931 Lincoln High School
The aerial photo shows Lincoln High School in about 1970. The Wood County Normal School, right (formerly the Teacher Training School) was torn down in 1978. In 1979, the Witter building, center, was demolished.
The building became East Junior high in 1979.
This entry was posted in Kathy
, Local history
. Bookmark the permalink