Photos of Former Lincoln High School & East Junior High Building
Compiled by Kathy Engel, SWCHC Librarian
The Wisconsin Rapids Public School District will discontinue the use of the East Junior High School building. Here are pictures from the past 115 years.
The original Lincoln High School was built in 1903, on the current site of East Junior High School.
“New Lincoln High School,” shown in this postcard drawing, was built in 1931.
This aerial photo shows Lincoln High School, left, Witter Manual Training School, middle, and the Teacher Training School, right. The picture was taken in about 1954.
The vocational section of Lincoln High School was added in 1957. To the right is the Witter building.
This picture shows Lincoln High School with the 1957 addition, right, but not the 1962 addition.
The aerial photo shows Lincoln High School in about 1970. The Wood County Normal School, right (formerly the Teacher Training School) was torn down in 1978. In 1979, the Witter building, center, was demolished.
The school building became East Junior High in the fall of 1979.
This entry was posted in Kathy
, Local history
. Bookmark the permalink