Photos: Old Grand Rapids

Looking north from the intersection of Second Street South and East Grand Avenue. County National Bank on right. East Side Downtown Grand Rapids, Wisconsin. Circa 1910.

R. (Robert) Farrish & Bro. General Store on the northeast corner of Second Street South and East Grand Avenue, later the location of the Wood County National Bank building. East Side Downtown Grand Rapids, Wisconsin. Circa 1900.

Looking at Wood County National Bank on the northeast corner of Second Street South and East Grand Avenue. R. Farrish & Bro. building was moved to face East Grand Avenue. It became the Ideal Theater, the first moving picture house in town. East Side Downtown Grand Rapids, Wisconsin. Circa 1900.

Looking at the Ideal Theater on East Grand Avenue between Second Street South and Third Street South. The Ideal Theater was the first moving picture house in town. East Side Downtown Grand Rapids, Wisconsin. Circa 1915

Looking north from the intersection of Second Street South and East Grand Avenue. Buildings on left are now part of Veterans Park. East Side Downtown Grand Rapids, Wisconsin. Circa 1908

 

 

White Front Candy Kitchen on Second Street South just north of East Grand Avenue. Later became the location for the Sugar Bowl Restaurant. East Side Downtown Grand Rapids, Wisconsin.         Circa 1910

Looking south from the intersection of Second Street South and Oak Street. Partial view of Daly Drug and Jewelry store is on the right. East Side Downtown Grand Rapids, Wisconsin. Circa 1908

Looking south from the intersection of Second Street South and Oak Street. Daly Drug and Jewelry store is on the right. East Side Downtown Grand Rapids, Wisconsin. Circa 1908

Looking north at Second Street South. Photo was probably taken from the bell tower of the First Congregational Church which was located on the southeast corner of Second Street South and Birch Street. Tall buildings in the background from right to left: Wood County Courthouse, City Hall/T.B. Scott Public Library/ Grand Rapids Fire Department building and S.S. Peter and Paul Catholic Church steeple. East Side Downtown Grand Rapids, Wisconsin. Circa 1910

Looking north from the intersection of Second Street South and East Grand Avenue. Wood County National Bank on right. Buildings on left are now part of Veterans Park. East Side Downtown Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. Circa 1950

Looking at the southwest corner of Second Street South and East Grand Avenue. Building pictured is the F.J. Wood General Store. The bridge on the right side was washed away from an ice jam that occurred in April of 1888. East Side Downtown Grand Rapids, Wisconsin. Circa 1885

Looking north down First Street North from the intersection of Second Street South and Oak Street. East Side Downtown Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. Circa 1973

Buildings on the west side of Second Street South between East Grand Avenue and Oak Street. Left to right: J.C. Penney’s and Daly Drug and Jewelry. East Side Downtown Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. Circa 1973

The new Ideal Theater on E. Grand Avenue between Second Street South and Third Street South. Brick building on right is now Rogers Cinemas (2017). East Side Downtown Grand Rapids, Wisconsin. Circa 1916

Looking west from in front of what is now Rogers Cinemas (2017) on East Grand Avenue Wood County National Bank is on right. East Side Downtown Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. Circa 1920

Buildings on left are located on East Grand Avenue between Second Street South and the Wisconsin River. Building on far right at the southwest corner of Second Street South and East Grand Avenue was the first location of the Wood County National Bank. East Side Downtown Grand Rapids, Wisconsin. Circa 1908

Looking west from the intersection of Second Street South and East Grand Avenue. East Side Downtown Grand Rapids, Wisconsin. Circa 1908

Looking west from the intersection of Second Street South and East Grand Avenue. Buildings on left are located on East Grand Avenue between Second Street South and the Wisconsin River. Building on far right at the southwest corner of Second Street South and East Grand Avenue was the first location of the Wood County National Bank. East Side Downtown Grand Rapids, Wisconsin. Circa 1908

Looking at the southwest and northwest corner of Second Street South and East Grand Avenue. East Side Downtown Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin Circa 1973

Looking at the northwest corner of Second Street South and East Grand Avenue. Buildings shown are now Veterans Park. East Side Downtown Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. Circa 1973

Looking at the intersection of Second Street South and East Grand Avenue. Wood County National Bank on right. East Side Downtown Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. Circa 1971

Buildings on the west side of Second Street S. between East Grand Avenue and Oak Street. Left to right: Sugar Bowl Restaurant, Shoe store, Gambles and J.C. Penney’s. East Side Downtown Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. Circa 1973

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save